BLS programs | Related articles
March 1996, Vol. 119, No. 3
Productivity growth improves in housefurnishings industry
This article examines how large-sized and
medium-sized firms in the housefurnishings industry led the pace
with plant consolidations, restructuring, and technological
advances, while sound marketing strategies and consumer demand
all contributed to the industry's progress.
Read excerpt Download full text in PDF (453K)
- Related BLS programs
- Related Monthly
Labor Review articles
Productivity trends in two retail trade
industries, 1987-95. July 1997.
- Productivity in the fabricated plate work
industry: 1982-94. May 1997.
- Productivity trends in the mobile homes
industry. May 1997.
- Productivity in retail miscellaneous
shopping goods stores. October 1995.
- Productivity in hardwood dimension and
flooring. October 1994.
- Productivity in aircraft manufacturing.
- Productivity in the nuts and bolts
industry, 1958-90. October 1992.
- Productivity trends: prepared fish and
seafood industry. October 1992.
- Productivity in crude oil and natural gas
production. March 1992.
Within Monthly Labor Review Online:
Welcome | Current
Issue | Index | Subscribe | Archives
Exit Monthly Labor Review Online:
BLS Home | Publications & Research Papers