May 14, 2013
U.S. import prices fell 0.5 percent in April, following a 0.2 percent decrease in March.
Lower prices for fuel and nonfuel imports contributed to the declines in each month.
Prices for U.S. exports decreased 0.7 percent in April after a 0.5 percent decline in March.
Full text: (HTML)
- U.S. Import and Export Price Indexes (Current Month) (HTML) (PDF)
- Subscribe to the BLS News Service—Receive the U.S. Import and Export Price Indexes news release by e-mail.
- Upcoming Release Dates for the rest of this calendar year.
- Georgia Export Highlights (PDF)
- Texas Export Highlights (PDF)
- Apparel Industry (PDF)
- Chemical Industry (PDF)
- Meat Industry (PDF)
- Metal Industry (PDF)
- Pharmaceutical Industry (PDF)
- Semiconductor Industry (PDF)
Measuring Price Change in the U.S. Import and Export Price Indexes for:
- Air Freight (HTML) (PDF)
- Air Passenger Fares (HTML) (PDF)
- Base and Precious Metals and Diamonds (HTML) (PDF)
- Crude Oil, Gasoline, and Fuel Oil (HTML) (PDF)
- Grains (HTML) (PDF)
- Inbound Crude Oil Tanker Freight (HTML) (PDF)
- Inbound Ocean Liner Freight (HTML) (PDF)
- Export Postsecondary Education (HTML) (PDF)
- Export Travel and Tourism (HTML) (PDF)
In order to help users assess the precision of the U.S. import and export price index series, BLS is now providing
variance estimates for these figures. These estimates include values from 2011 and will be updated on an annual basis.
Currently the data are only calculated for the all-import and all-export series. In the future, however, the published
variance estimates will also be made available at a more detailed level.
- Variance Estimates for Changes in the Import and Export Price Indexes, January–December 2011 (PDF)
- Telephone: (202) 691-7101
- E-Mail: Contact us
- Fax (202) 691-7179
Division of International Prices
Bureau of Labor Statistics
2 Massachusetts Avenue N.E.
Washington, DC 20212
- Telephone: (202) 691-5902
Regional Office Assistance:
Information about the Import/Export Price Indexes and other BLS data may be obtained from
any of the eight BLS Regional Economic Analysis
and Information offices.
BLS Email Subscription Service:
Subscribers to the BLS Email Subscription Service can receive the Import/Export Price Indexes
and other BLS news releases; data summaries; and new publication notifications by email.
More information about this free service may be found on the
BLS News Service Subscription Page.